Participants are welcome, though not required, to submit abstracts for contributed talks or posters to accompany talks from our wonderful invitees.
Talks currently scheduled (the full final schedule is here (PDF))
Monday, May 14
- William Irvine (Chicago), "Amorphous topological insulators"
- Massimo Ruzzene (Georgia Tech), "Vibration Location in Quasi-Periodic Beams and Plates"
- Emil Prodan (Yeshiva), "Topological Patterns"
- Jean Bellissard (Georgia Tech), "Persistence of topological invariants under disorder"
- Jayson Paulose (Oregon), "Topological patterning of polymers on a substrate"
- Xiaoming Mao (Michigan), "Topological edge floppy modes in disordered fiber networks"
- Suri Vaikuntanathan (Chicago), "Topological protected modes in non-equilibrium stochastic systems"
- Suraj Shankar (Syracuse), "Flocks on a sphere sound topological!"
Tuesday, May 15
- Anton Souslov (Chicago), "Active fluids as topological metamaterials: structure without periodic order"
- Alberto Fernandez-Nieves (Georgia Tech), "Defect unbinding in active nematic tori"
- Taylor Hughes (Illinois), Title to be announced
- Mikael Rechtsman (Penn State), "Observation of optical Weyl points and other topics in topological photonics"